Leading people in this world may not the president, the leader, or the people who are rich. They are the teacher or educator who educates those successful people. Many people do not realize how important the roles of the teacher or educator who educate thousands of people who are going to be great people for the future on their special fields. Same need of formal education at school in elementary, junior or senior high schools, in nursing, we also recognize the existence of educator nurse.
Nurse educator is designated to work as a nurse who educates future nurses, delivers knowledge, skill, and some competencies to them in order to prepare them with some standard basic education. Nurse educator also required to make course plan, teach, assess it, and monitor the future nurses. Nurse educators may be able to teach general course of specialized nursing such as pediatric nursing, informatics nursing, and home health care nursing.
Nurse educator is highly recommended to get a certificate to put their standard to be higher since they are going to be the educators of other nurses. To be certified, they have to take nursing educator certification that will benefit them.
– Having good communication skill to communicate with students, health care communities, and other important people in some fields that may relate to nursing.
– Showing the nursing educators’ knowledge, skills, and competencies in a professional level.
– Recognizing their excellence as certified nursing educator.
Back to the requirement of the nursing educator certification that require the nurse educator to complete before taking it will give some other advantages which are unintentionally purposed by the certification organization since the material of the course more or less are about:
– Teaching skills improvement
– Teaching strategies
– Curriculum development
– Instructional technologies
– Student assessment and evaluation
– Clinical and laboratory teaching and learning
Thus, after the course and prepared for the nursing educator certification, the nurse educator has been able to:
– Demonstrate good model of nurse educator.
– Have professional reputation as nurse educator.
– Have developed skill in teaching of the specialized area of planning, implementing, delivering and evaluating the academic material.
– Advance the career of the nurse educator, mentor, and teacher who is able to work in another health care environment setting.