Neuroscience nurses take care of patients with brain, head injuries, tumors, and nervous system issues. Those problems come up with patients in neuroscience nursing will endanger their life. Neuroscience nurses also are required to monitor the patients’ condition, administer the medication, and evaluate the patients’ condition. To be able to deal with those health issues in neuroscience nursing, they also have to improve their knowledge and skills. Therefore, they can serve best service and help the clients to the fullest. Being the professional neuroscience nurses who can be entrusted of their patients, they rely on their professional achievement through neuroscience nursing certification.
In some way, this certification can be done by taking a course before then take complete it with certification or directly to take neuroscience nursing certification exam. However, both of them have different prerequisite to be fulfilled. In some of institutions which offer the course, they support the nurses who wish for taking the certification by prepare them with some knowledge and skills such as neuroscience nursing fellowship, classes for practicing their clinical skills, and course subjects that improve the knowledge they will need for the nursing:
- Hemodynamic instability
- Cerebral resuscitation
- Airway and respiratory management
- Brain activity monitoring
- Knowledge relates to brain disease like Parkinson disease and some other useful subjects.
Another way in pursuing the certificate is taking neuroscience nursing certification in a credentialing institution that offers it. This institution which offers them the examination of neuroscience nursing certification tries to support the neuroscience nurses to demonstrate their knowledge. Hence, after the certificate is granted, they can be confident in providing their professionalism in real contribution to the neuroscience patients. Some excellence they will be able to show after the certification as professional certified neuroscience nurses:
- Professionally determine the suitability of the patients who wish for taking the neuroscience nursing towards the program objective and procedures.
- Proficient in developing a health program, administering treatment, health care or medication, and evaluation on them.
- Being able to provide treatment of the neuroscience patients with correct and reliable procedure. As always the benefit of certification towards profession is the wide open of job opportunities for them who are certified. For those who got the certificate upon the neuroscience nursing certification, they can choose the workplace setting for neuroscience nursing. For example, hospitals, health care clinics, critical care units, brain injury, rehabilitation, acute, units or clinics, and emergency departments.
For those who are willing to have self improvement and good service for the patients in neuroscience nursing, neuroscience nursing certification is the right thing to be done.