Many of definitions come up to the medical surgical nursing. Some of the definition will refer to the medical and surgical on each. However, a sum of definition can be taken to the clear definition of medical nursing certification. One of the definition defines medical surgical nursing as a special area of the nurses who are registered in assisting patients who will take surgery or undergone surgery procedure. It may the surgery schedule, treatment towards the patients after the surgery. In addition, another definition of medical surgical nursing is integration of all nursing practice, back to former time that all nurses were medical or surgical nurses since this nursing ranges from hospital to home health care and able to take care of special cared patients. However, people who work in medical surgical nursing may agree to this definition that it is a nursing which the patients come from general surgery and general illness.
The challenge of this nursing is highly accepted by taking Medical Surgical Nursing Certification to certify the nurses in the medical surgical nursing to be specialized. Therefore, Medical Surgical Registered Nurse credential offers a medical surgical nursing certification which is endorsed by the Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses. This credentialing organization tries to let the medical surgical nursing practice has been achieved to be recognized as a high standard of nursing practice, help the nurses to show that they have taken a effort to demonstrate their knowledge and skills, and prove their commitment in the medical surgical nursing.
In addition to those purpose of the credentialing organization, it will be found that medical surgical certification will benefit the nurses once they are awarded the certificate, such as:
- Being knowledgeable in adult health care
- Having good standard of skill in the assessment and organization.
- Being professional who is authorized in educating the patients and the family of a health care relate to it.
- Being excellent in the measuring and improving quality of health caring
- Being a nurse who is able to manage health care of patients with medical and surgical diagnoses.
- Being a nurse who is able to manage health care of patients of all medical specialties.
- Advocating the specialty of medical surgical nursing
Further, the medical surgical certification will take away the petty minded opinion upon it by being certified medical surgical nurses who properly work in inpatient care units, ambulatory care units, home health care, and some more.