Emergency Nursing Certification – Those nurses who take care of patients in emergency or critical state of condition due to their illness or injury are called emergency nurses. They take of patients in emergency room who sometimes have not been taken care by doctor; therefore, quick response and critical thinking are needed. Since taking care of undiagnosed patients, emergency nurses prepared with some basic procedures to be authorized giving first medication. As the result, being emergency nurses is not an easy job. To overcome those difficulties, emergency nurses are recommended to take emergency nursing certification.
Before taking emergency nursing certification, those nurses can choose whether they would like to have a preparation course for the exam or just take the certification exam from credentialing organization. However, if they want to have the emergency nursing certification, they should meet the requirement which may be little bit difficult than the prerequisite of taking the course.
For those who join the course, they are going to study about:
- Mental shock emergencies
- Medical emergencies
- Patient care management
- Communication skill in emergency situations
- Wound emergencies
- Medical emergencies
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardio vascular emergencies
- Neurological emergencies
- Orthopedic emergencies
- Unexpected cases
- and some other more.
Emergency nursing certification certificate obtained can promote emergency nursing by:
- Showing an extended level of knowledge, skills, and competencies of the nurses.
- Supporting the emergency nurses to be able to prepare themselves to obtain a higher level.
- Encouraging the nurses of emergency nursing who are professionally developed.
- Giving the nurses self confidence to give well procedure service, medication, and treatment.
Thus, after getting certificate from the emergency nursing certification, there are some expectations upon the nurses in emergency nursing:
- Being able to demonstrate their expertise and good standard of their specialty.
- The enhanced confidence of knowledge and skills.
- Being able to promote give best service to the patients.
- Certified emergency nurses can show their commitment as professional emergency nurse who already taken emergency nursing certification as reliable nurses.
In addition, the certificate from emergency nursing certification can be valid for about 4 years. Some of organizations offer certificate renewal.
Further, in emergency nursing, some benefits and advantages can be gotten. However, emergency nursing certification is self funded which will require some sacrifice made by those who are willing to be in higher standard of emergency nurses. On top of that, taking emergency nursing certification should be underlined by some awareness of how important their roles that they are taking care of patients in emergency situations.
image : everydaylife.globalpost.com