Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification – Some specialty, field, or floor have been known in nursing, even the nursing specialties is so various. It may be pediatric nursing which take care about children to the critical care nursing, or nursing of patients hospitalized of home care patients. Upon those various nursing, there is one nursing that may be also interesting to be known.
Ambulatory care nursing covers nursing and health science, clinical health care and based on the information of outpatient includes personal health treatment in improving the patients’ health quality and solve their health problems. Treatments for acute illness and continuing health care also can be performed by ambulatory care nursing. Furthermore, ambulatory care nurse should be able to perform screening, general health monitoring, education for the patients and the family, patients’ pain management, acute and chronic disease management, and give best care of end of life care.
Thus, nurses who work in ambulatory care nursing should be able to build good knowledge, practice, skill, and reputation to be acknowledged as reliable ambulatory care nurse. There are more specific characterizations of ambulatory care that may make it important, so that ambulatory care nursing certification comes into decisive.
Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification Benefits
As the result, ambulatory care nursing certification appears to be the answer of this need. Since the wide coverage of ambulatory care nursing, certification can be the best support of ambulatory care nurses. After the certification, some expectations of being certified ambulatory nurse come up.
- Ambulatory care nursing proposed the nurses to think efficiently and critical towards patients’ treatment, especially with severe condition.
- Ambulatory care nurses also required to be connected, not only to the patients but also people around the patients’ family.
- Since the nurses required to be communicated to the people intensively, they are demanded to have good communication skill.
- In taking care of patients who need good quality of care, the ambulatory care nurses is required to be able to perform well procedure care of observation and identifying the patients’ general health, performing health service, and evaluating the patients’ health.
- Ambulatory care nurses is demanded to be able to give follow up treatment of a health care has been done formerly.
- Ambulatory care nurses required to be flexible in performing the care of various settings such as university clinics, military hospitals, community health care facilities, and patient homes.
Furthermore, after successfully pass the ambulatory care nursing certification and being certified, the ambulatory nurses also enable to design, administer, and assessing their nursing service within the place they work in, in accordance with the law, standards, policies, and procedures they have been penetrated in the process of ambulatory care nursing certification.